Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Rivera Paradise


Stevie Ray Vaughan,

There is so much to say. What can I say that hasnt already been said.
Stevie believed that music was a gift. He also thought his gift could be taken away at any moment. So he always played as if it was his last time playing.
I havent been listening to SRV for along time. I just recently got into him but I will say since I started listening, somedays I listen to him for 12 hours or more a day.

Today alone I have listened to Rivera Paradise on repeat for the last four hours.

I will post this song from Stevie's last show August 26,1990.

Amazing guitar playing he was on one that night, alot of people would say.
Sometimes people think that it was said only because it was his last show.
Alot of times before he played this song he would say something like this:
"This goes out to everybody in the world who's suffering for any reason, that
they might find some happiness real soon if not now. "

I did a blind test with my MP3 Player i had 5 different live versions i played them one after another without knowing which show they were from and when i heard them all i went back to the one that gave me that feeling where the bending of the guitar strings cuts right through you and you feel it in your heart.

It was from stevies last show.


Please leave a comment if you have anything to say.






No comments: